Piknic Électronik Celebrates 10 Years
- Words: Taylor Fife
- Photo: Miguel Legautl
Once again, Piknic Électronik will be taking over Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal nearly every weekend this summer to host performances from dozens of DJs and producers, including Jacques Greene, Machinedrum, Nina Kraviz, Claude VonStroke, Benoit & Sergio, Wolf + Lamb, and many more. This year, the organization will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary, and the festivities will kick off with Art Department on May 20 and Dubfire on May 21. The parties will continue to occur most Sundays through September 30, but that's not all the organizers have in store. When not taking over Parc Jean-Drapeau, Piknic Électronik will also be journeying across Canada for some revelry in Vancouver, heading over the Atlantic to host an event in Barcelona, and participating in parties throughout Montreal, including the MUTEK and Fringe festivals. For more details on Piknic Électronik's slew of summer soirees, take a look at its complete calendar of events, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player