Piknic Électronik Celebrates 10 Years
- Words: Taylor Fife
- Photo: Miguel Legautl
Once again, Piknic Électronik will be taking over Parc Jean-Drapeau in Montreal nearly every weekend this summer to host performances from dozens of DJs and producers, including Jacques Greene, Machinedrum, Nina Kraviz, Claude VonStroke, Benoit & Sergio, Wolf + Lamb, and many more. This year, the organization will be celebrating its 10-year anniversary, and the festivities will kick off with Art Department on May 20 and Dubfire on May 21. The parties will continue to occur most Sundays through September 30, but that's not all the organizers have in store. When not taking over Parc Jean-Drapeau, Piknic Électronik will also be journeying across Canada for some revelry in Vancouver, heading over the Atlantic to host an event in Barcelona, and participating in parties throughout Montreal, including the MUTEK and Fringe festivals. For more details on Piknic Électronik's slew of summer soirees, take a look at its complete calendar of events, here.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player