R.I.P. Donna Summer
- Words: Patric Fallon
It was announced today that singer LaDonna Adrian Gaines (known to most as Donna Summer) has passed away at the age of 63. The iconic artist was a prominent figure in the music world, known as "The Queen" of classic first-wave disco, with releases as far back as 1974. Summer worked with fellow disco powerhouses like Giorgio Morodoer and Pete Bellotte, as well as R&B/pop don Quincy Jones, across the span of 17 studio albums, her latest being 2008's Crayons. She is best known for a string of timeless singles, including "I Feel Love" and "She Works Hard for the Money," and her constant touring. The unmatched singer died today after a long battle against breast and lung cancer. Watch Summer performing "I Feel Love" live in 1978 below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player