R.I.P. Donna Summer
- Words: Patric Fallon
It was announced today that singer LaDonna Adrian Gaines (known to most as Donna Summer) has passed away at the age of 63. The iconic artist was a prominent figure in the music world, known as "The Queen" of classic first-wave disco, with releases as far back as 1974. Summer worked with fellow disco powerhouses like Giorgio Morodoer and Pete Bellotte, as well as R&B/pop don Quincy Jones, across the span of 17 studio albums, her latest being 2008's Crayons. She is best known for a string of timeless singles, including "I Feel Love" and "She Works Hard for the Money," and her constant touring. The unmatched singer died today after a long battle against breast and lung cancer. Watch Summer performing "I Feel Love" live in 1978 below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player