Shed Releases Another New EP
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Megan Cullen
Following a period of relative quiet after the release of his excellent 2010 album The Traveller, Shed (a.k.a. René Pawlowitz) has been rather busy in 2012. His third LP, The Killer, is set to appear in July via 50 Weapons, and the man recently dropped a new EP, A 100, as The Traveller. Now, the Berlin-based artist has unexpectedly released another 12", this time using two of his other aliases. The single includes two tracks, "Do It Yourself" (produced as WK7) and "Rave" (produced as Head High). It appears to be a vinyl-only release, which means that Shed diehards will need to snag a copy from Hard Wax. The artwork can be viewed below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player