Stream Laid Back's New 'Cosyland' Record
- Words: James Eaton
It was about three months ago when we got word that veteran Danish duo Laid Back would be releasing a mini-LP of reworked material from the same sessions that produced John Guldberg's and Tim Stahl's most notorious tune, "White Horse." Those old eight-track tapes—which feature five proto-house jams chock full of classic analog sounds from "a Roland TR-808 rhythm box, a SH-101, a Pro-One monophonic synthesizer, and a GR-500 guitar controller-and-synth"—have been compiled into Cosyland. The record dropped today via Laid Back's Brother Music label, but you can preview the whole thing exclusively on XLR8R, after the jump.
The XLR8R Music Player requires Adobe Flash Player version 9 or later.
Click here to install.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player