Alva Noto and Byetone Collaborate as Diamond Version
- Words: Cam Curran
Raster-Noton co-founders Alva Noto and Byetone have joined forces to form Diamond Version, a new project that will see five EPs and a full LP released via Mute. Following acclaimed solo albums in 2011 from both artists, this new effort was reportedly "born out of a live situation" where the artists would "occasionally [perform] encores together after [their] solo sets." The opening EP of Diamond Version's series, Technology at the Speed of Life / Empowering Change, promises "crisp, synthetic surfaces and hyperreal imagery" that will utilize subversive humor and corporate satire as an inspirational touchstone. Look for that record to drop on July 23, and have a look at the trailer for the inaugural release below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player