Alva Noto and Byetone Collaborate as Diamond Version
- Words: Cam Curran
Raster-Noton co-founders Alva Noto and Byetone have joined forces to form Diamond Version, a new project that will see five EPs and a full LP released via Mute. Following acclaimed solo albums in 2011 from both artists, this new effort was reportedly "born out of a live situation" where the artists would "occasionally [perform] encores together after [their] solo sets." The opening EP of Diamond Version's series, Technology at the Speed of Life / Empowering Change, promises "crisp, synthetic surfaces and hyperreal imagery" that will utilize subversive humor and corporate satire as an inspirational touchstone. Look for that record to drop on July 23, and have a look at the trailer for the inaugural release below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player