Boiler Room to Launch Weekly Series in the US
- Words: Taylor Fife
Boiler Room will be coming to America in the near future with a weekly series that will alternate between locations in LA and NYC. The club night that made its name on live streaming its performances online is headquartered in London, but has held two previous events in LA and expanded to include a monthly Berlin edition last year as its popularity ballooned. There is no word yet on when the regularly scheduled US events will begin, although a Los Angeles version of Boiler Room will take place tonight. Prefuse 73 and Teebs are teaming up to perform under the name Sons of the Morning, while SoCal beatmakers Nosaj Thing, Free the Robots, and Co.Fee will also contribute live sets, with DJ sets provided by LA's Plo and Frosty. The actual location of the event remains undisclosed as it's invitation only, but it will all be broadcast live from 7p.m. to 11p.m. PST, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player