Boiler Room to Launch Weekly Series in the US
- Words: Taylor Fife
Boiler Room will be coming to America in the near future with a weekly series that will alternate between locations in LA and NYC. The club night that made its name on live streaming its performances online is headquartered in London, but has held two previous events in LA and expanded to include a monthly Berlin edition last year as its popularity ballooned. There is no word yet on when the regularly scheduled US events will begin, although a Los Angeles version of Boiler Room will take place tonight. Prefuse 73 and Teebs are teaming up to perform under the name Sons of the Morning, while SoCal beatmakers Nosaj Thing, Free the Robots, and Co.Fee will also contribute live sets, with DJ sets provided by LA's Plo and Frosty. The actual location of the event remains undisclosed as it's invitation only, but it will all be broadcast live from 7p.m. to 11p.m. PST, here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player