Details of Mala's "Cuban" Album Revealed
- Words: Patric Fallon
We discovered at the very start of 2012 that dubstep stalwart and XLR8R podcast contributor Mala was working on an album based on music he recorded whilst staying in Cuba, and now, the details of that auspicious project have arrived. The record will be called Mala in Cuba, and will be released via Gilles Peterson's Brownswood label on September 10. Speaking about Mala's new album, Peterson says, "This is the record that re-evaluates and re-aligns the dubstep movement within sound system culture"—something we can all likely agree is much needed at this point in the genre's history. Preceding the LP is a two-track 12" featuring the tunes "Cuba Electronic" and "Calle F," which will be released on August 6, but can be previewed now in the players below.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player