Details of Mala's "Cuban" Album Revealed
- Words: Patric Fallon
We discovered at the very start of 2012 that dubstep stalwart and XLR8R podcast contributor Mala was working on an album based on music he recorded whilst staying in Cuba, and now, the details of that auspicious project have arrived. The record will be called Mala in Cuba, and will be released via Gilles Peterson's Brownswood label on September 10. Speaking about Mala's new album, Peterson says, "This is the record that re-evaluates and re-aligns the dubstep movement within sound system culture"—something we can all likely agree is much needed at this point in the genre's history. Preceding the LP is a two-track 12" featuring the tunes "Cuba Electronic" and "Calle F," which will be released on August 6, but can be previewed now in the players below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player