Friends of Friends Launches Sister Label, Readies First Release
- Words: Taylor Fife
LA bass-and-beats-centric label Friends of Friends is launching a new imprint called Young Adults, and has unveiled the details of its first release, a four-song compilation of house music. The label takes its name from the DJ duo Young Adults, composed of Deep Body (a.k.a. David Fisher) and FoF label boss Lazy Brow (a.k.a. Leeor Brown), who also co-run the new imprint. The compilation is simply titled YA001, and will feature tunes from Suzanne Kraft, Urulu, The Dead Rose Music Company, and a collaborative production from LOL Boys and Grown Folk. Look for the record to drop on vinyl on June 19, with a digital release to follow at an undetermined date. Until then, you can get your first taste of Young Adults from the recently posted DJ mix, which kicks off with Urulu's entry on the comp, below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player