Listen to Nguzunguzu's Set From Sónar 2012
- Words: Elissa Stolman
LA's Nguzunguzu (a.k.a. Asma Maroof and Daniel Pineda) commandeered a primetime set this past Friday night at the "consistently excellent" RBMA stage during the 2012 Sónar festival in Barcelona (check out our wrap-up here). The duo's preferred blend of bassy dance rhythms, world music influences, and tweaked R&B-isms has solidified its place among the outstanding artists featured on RBMA's roster at Sónar, and you're likely aware of our longstanding affinity for the group, too, so, naturally, we're more than excited to premiere this recording of Nguzunguzu's performance. You can check out the hotly tipped set in the player below, and if that's not quite enough to satiate your hunger for the pair's DJ skills, Maroof and Pineda also dropped a mix for FACT today, which you can listen to here.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player