LV Readies New EP, Shares Video for Lead Single
- Words: Taylor Fife
London-based trio LV, who contributed an XLR8R podcast earlier this year, is set to drop a three-song EP next month, which will be followed by a full-length album later this summer. Over the course of the Get a Grip EP, LV once again blends UK bass sounds with South African house, kwaito, and hip-hop. South African rapper Okmalumkoolkat, who provided vocals on LV's bumpin' 2010 single "Boomslang," appears prominently on the EP, delivering rhymes on "Zulu Compurar" and the EP's lead single, "Sebenza." Below, you can watch the video for that tune, directed by photographer and filmmaker Chris Saunders, in which Okmalumkoolkat and his crew put out some vibes in their hometown of Johannesburg. The Get a Grip EP is due out through Hyperdub on July 23, while the LP, which will be titled Sebenza after the single, is set for a release at the end of August.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player