Martin Kemp to Release New EP
- Words: Christian Santana
Though most of the XLR8R faithful undoubtedly knows the elder Kemp brother, Rob (a.k.a. Brackles), his younger sibling Martin has demonstrated some serious chops of his own as both a DJ and a tunesmith. Back in 2009, he released the wonky, genre-bending "No Charisma," as well as a few singles via the now-defunct Blunted Robots label. He also put together a stellar XLR8R podcast featuring a smattering of UK-slanted house, funky, and garage, but after the release of his most recent single, 2010's "Wot U Got," Martin faded into relative obscurity, leaving much of the bass music world wondering what happened—until now. While we may never know exactly what the reasons behind his two-year hiatus were, we can safely say that it's now come to an end with the great news that Kemp is putting together a mix to promote his forthcoming German Salad EP, which will be released in July via Frijsfo Beats. Before then, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for Martin Kemp's forthcoming record, below.
01 German Salad
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player