Martin Kemp to Release New EP
- Words: Christian Santana
Though most of the XLR8R faithful undoubtedly knows the elder Kemp brother, Rob (a.k.a. Brackles), his younger sibling Martin has demonstrated some serious chops of his own as both a DJ and a tunesmith. Back in 2009, he released the wonky, genre-bending "No Charisma," as well as a few singles via the now-defunct Blunted Robots label. He also put together a stellar XLR8R podcast featuring a smattering of UK-slanted house, funky, and garage, but after the release of his most recent single, 2010's "Wot U Got," Martin faded into relative obscurity, leaving much of the bass music world wondering what happened—until now. While we may never know exactly what the reasons behind his two-year hiatus were, we can safely say that it's now come to an end with the great news that Kemp is putting together a mix to promote his forthcoming German Salad EP, which will be released in July via Frijsfo Beats. Before then, you can check out the artwork and tracklist for Martin Kemp's forthcoming record, below.
01 German Salad
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player