Underground Resistance's Backpack Festival Announces Lineup
- Words: Taylor Fife
Derrick May, Juan Atkins, Terrence Parker, Jeff Mills, Eddie Fowlkes, and several members of the Underground Resistance crew (pictured above) will be appearing at the seventh annual Backpack Festival in Detroit. Co-presented by UR, the event's other promoter is non-profit organization SCP of Michigan, which raises money to purchase backpacks and school supplies for Detroit-area students. Since the festival's inception, it has donated nearly $30,000 worth of supplies to about 1,500 students. Organizers hope that with this year's expanded line-up they will raise an amount equal to or greater than their current seven-year total. Performers will be donating their time for the event, and many will also be contributing to a limited-edition compilation that will be sold to raise money for the charity. The two-day event will take place on August 4 and 5 at Detroit's New Center Park. For more information, head over to the Backpack Festival's official website, and take a look at the flyer, below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player