Video: Baio "Sunburn Modern"
- Words: Cam Curran
Greco-Roman, Joe Goddard's underground dance imprint based out of Berlin and London, has been causing a stir recently with a new release from quickly rising duo Disclosure, as well as an EP last month from Vampire Weekend bass player and Bubblin' Up producer Chris Baio. "Sunburn Modern" is lifted off of Baio's first solo release, and the accompanying video—directed by Aramique—is a fascinatingly peculiar look at Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood as viewed through the eyes of a walking mannequin. Baio himself makes an appearance as an interested passerby, stopping to lay out with the mannequin as it tries to catch some rays, but ends up with an angular, radioactive sunburn. The driving, smoothly constructed house track nicely encapsulates the vibes of summertime in a tropical location, but as the video shows, is a sweet homage to heat-streaked city living as well.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player