Video: Baio "Sunburn Modern"
- Words: Cam Curran
Greco-Roman, Joe Goddard's underground dance imprint based out of Berlin and London, has been causing a stir recently with a new release from quickly rising duo Disclosure, as well as an EP last month from Vampire Weekend bass player and Bubblin' Up producer Chris Baio. "Sunburn Modern" is lifted off of Baio's first solo release, and the accompanying video—directed by Aramique—is a fascinatingly peculiar look at Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood as viewed through the eyes of a walking mannequin. Baio himself makes an appearance as an interested passerby, stopping to lay out with the mannequin as it tries to catch some rays, but ends up with an angular, radioactive sunburn. The driving, smoothly constructed house track nicely encapsulates the vibes of summertime in a tropical location, but as the video shows, is a sweet homage to heat-streaked city living as well.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player