Video: Baio "Sunburn Modern"
- Words: Cam Curran
Greco-Roman, Joe Goddard's underground dance imprint based out of Berlin and London, has been causing a stir recently with a new release from quickly rising duo Disclosure, as well as an EP last month from Vampire Weekend bass player and Bubblin' Up producer Chris Baio. "Sunburn Modern" is lifted off of Baio's first solo release, and the accompanying video—directed by Aramique—is a fascinatingly peculiar look at Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood as viewed through the eyes of a walking mannequin. Baio himself makes an appearance as an interested passerby, stopping to lay out with the mannequin as it tries to catch some rays, but ends up with an angular, radioactive sunburn. The driving, smoothly constructed house track nicely encapsulates the vibes of summertime in a tropical location, but as the video shows, is a sweet homage to heat-streaked city living as well.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player