Video Premiere: Fur "Knots"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
To kick off the release of his new EP for UNO, Cocoon, Texan producer Fur (a.k.a. Bryce Isbell) has designed an invitingly psychedelic video to complement his single "Knots." The piece mirrors the track's vocal sample blips and sparse beat by transforming paisley and tessellation patterns in stop-motion, whipping through virtually every color in the visual spectrum in under five minutes. The contrast between the tune's watery synth pads and elastic bass tones lodge Fur's bright, mellow house somewhere between Blondes' blissed-out cool and the jacking euphoria of Disclosure's smooth bangers. "Cocoon," which you can stream below, edges toward spacier territory, grounding its daze-inducing synth sounds with a punchy beat and chopped-up vocals.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player