Video Premiere: Fur "Knots"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
To kick off the release of his new EP for UNO, Cocoon, Texan producer Fur (a.k.a. Bryce Isbell) has designed an invitingly psychedelic video to complement his single "Knots." The piece mirrors the track's vocal sample blips and sparse beat by transforming paisley and tessellation patterns in stop-motion, whipping through virtually every color in the visual spectrum in under five minutes. The contrast between the tune's watery synth pads and elastic bass tones lodge Fur's bright, mellow house somewhere between Blondes' blissed-out cool and the jacking euphoria of Disclosure's smooth bangers. "Cocoon," which you can stream below, edges toward spacier territory, grounding its daze-inducing synth sounds with a punchy beat and chopped-up vocals.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player