Video Premiere: Fur "Knots"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
To kick off the release of his new EP for UNO, Cocoon, Texan producer Fur (a.k.a. Bryce Isbell) has designed an invitingly psychedelic video to complement his single "Knots." The piece mirrors the track's vocal sample blips and sparse beat by transforming paisley and tessellation patterns in stop-motion, whipping through virtually every color in the visual spectrum in under five minutes. The contrast between the tune's watery synth pads and elastic bass tones lodge Fur's bright, mellow house somewhere between Blondes' blissed-out cool and the jacking euphoria of Disclosure's smooth bangers. "Cocoon," which you can stream below, edges toward spacier territory, grounding its daze-inducing synth sounds with a punchy beat and chopped-up vocals.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player