Video Premiere: Fur "Knots"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
To kick off the release of his new EP for UNO, Cocoon, Texan producer Fur (a.k.a. Bryce Isbell) has designed an invitingly psychedelic video to complement his single "Knots." The piece mirrors the track's vocal sample blips and sparse beat by transforming paisley and tessellation patterns in stop-motion, whipping through virtually every color in the visual spectrum in under five minutes. The contrast between the tune's watery synth pads and elastic bass tones lodge Fur's bright, mellow house somewhere between Blondes' blissed-out cool and the jacking euphoria of Disclosure's smooth bangers. "Cocoon," which you can stream below, edges toward spacier territory, grounding its daze-inducing synth sounds with a punchy beat and chopped-up vocals.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player