Video Premiere: Jimmy Edgar "Let Yrself Be"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
We already pointed out in our recent High Five feature that flamboyance is a hallmark of Jimmy Edgar's work, so it would be kind of redundant to describe the Berlin resident's video for Majenta cut "Let Yrself Be" as "flashy." But from the opening credits until the clip fades to black, the Hotflush artist's latest audio-visual composition bursts, flickers, and blazes with neon sensory overload, as if to mirror the beat's persistent kicks. "Let Yrself Be" deals in mind-blowing rave energy, unnerving psychedelia, and garishness: The bedazzling, boldfaced credits and Japanese characters nod to Gaspar Noé's opening sequence in Enter the Void with as much enthusiasm as Kanye West's video for "All of the Lights."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player