Video Premiere: Jimmy Edgar "Let Yrself Be"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
We already pointed out in our recent High Five feature that flamboyance is a hallmark of Jimmy Edgar's work, so it would be kind of redundant to describe the Berlin resident's video for Majenta cut "Let Yrself Be" as "flashy." But from the opening credits until the clip fades to black, the Hotflush artist's latest audio-visual composition bursts, flickers, and blazes with neon sensory overload, as if to mirror the beat's persistent kicks. "Let Yrself Be" deals in mind-blowing rave energy, unnerving psychedelia, and garishness: The bedazzling, boldfaced credits and Japanese characters nod to Gaspar Noé's opening sequence in Enter the Void with as much enthusiasm as Kanye West's video for "All of the Lights."
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player