Video Premiere: Jimmy Edgar "Let Yrself Be"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
We already pointed out in our recent High Five feature that flamboyance is a hallmark of Jimmy Edgar's work, so it would be kind of redundant to describe the Berlin resident's video for Majenta cut "Let Yrself Be" as "flashy." But from the opening credits until the clip fades to black, the Hotflush artist's latest audio-visual composition bursts, flickers, and blazes with neon sensory overload, as if to mirror the beat's persistent kicks. "Let Yrself Be" deals in mind-blowing rave energy, unnerving psychedelia, and garishness: The bedazzling, boldfaced credits and Japanese characters nod to Gaspar Noé's opening sequence in Enter the Void with as much enthusiasm as Kanye West's video for "All of the Lights."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- NewsRegis and Silent Servant Ready New EP as Sandra Electronics
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player