Video Premiere: Monster Rally "Honey"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
With another summer comes another outdoorsy video, this time from Columbus-based lo-fi beatsmith Monster Rally (a.k.a. Ted Feighan). Like last year's video for "Surf Erie," the clip for "Honey" records a camping trip in which couples canoodle, boys jump in rivers, and the overall mood is easygoing and carefree. Both the carefully edited, color-corrected video and the tinkling, slow-moving song offer up healthy doses of nostalgia-in-action, as if the campers are already remembering the trip even as it's happening. Monster Rally released "Honey" last week, along with the 17 other tracks that make up his second LP, Beyond the Sea.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player