Video Premiere: Monster Rally "Honey"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
With another summer comes another outdoorsy video, this time from Columbus-based lo-fi beatsmith Monster Rally (a.k.a. Ted Feighan). Like last year's video for "Surf Erie," the clip for "Honey" records a camping trip in which couples canoodle, boys jump in rivers, and the overall mood is easygoing and carefree. Both the carefully edited, color-corrected video and the tinkling, slow-moving song offer up healthy doses of nostalgia-in-action, as if the campers are already remembering the trip even as it's happening. Monster Rally released "Honey" last week, along with the 17 other tracks that make up his second LP, Beyond the Sea.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player