Video Premiere: Monster Rally "Honey"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
With another summer comes another outdoorsy video, this time from Columbus-based lo-fi beatsmith Monster Rally (a.k.a. Ted Feighan). Like last year's video for "Surf Erie," the clip for "Honey" records a camping trip in which couples canoodle, boys jump in rivers, and the overall mood is easygoing and carefree. Both the carefully edited, color-corrected video and the tinkling, slow-moving song offer up healthy doses of nostalgia-in-action, as if the campers are already remembering the trip even as it's happening. Monster Rally released "Honey" last week, along with the 17 other tracks that make up his second LP, Beyond the Sea.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player