50Weapons to Release New Bambounou EP
- Words: Christian Santana
Bambounou's music, the product of a blending of techno and house before topping it off with a sprinkling of UK funky, has been featured on labels like the esteemed Sound Pellegrino, where he released the collaborative Fructose EP with French tunesmith Joakim, and French Fries' ClekClekBoom label, which released his "Night" b/w "Brawl" 12" a little over a week ago. Now, the Parisian producer born Jeremy Guindo has a new offering, called Cobe, slated for release via Modeselektor's 50Weapons. The three-track record marks Bambounou's further expansion into the low-end-centric areas of the electronic-music spectrum, and should serve as an indicator of what to expect when his long-awaited full-length debut drops at the end of the year. Fun fact: This isn't Bambounou's first time working with Modeselektor; he put together the immense "Pixel" tune for Monkeytown's Modeselektion Vol. 02 compilation (read our review here). While you wait for the Cobe EP to drop on August 17, you can check out its tracklist, artwork, and some preview clips below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player