50Weapons to Release New Bambounou EP
- Words: Christian Santana
Bambounou's music, the product of a blending of techno and house before topping it off with a sprinkling of UK funky, has been featured on labels like the esteemed Sound Pellegrino, where he released the collaborative Fructose EP with French tunesmith Joakim, and French Fries' ClekClekBoom label, which released his "Night" b/w "Brawl" 12" a little over a week ago. Now, the Parisian producer born Jeremy Guindo has a new offering, called Cobe, slated for release via Modeselektor's 50Weapons. The three-track record marks Bambounou's further expansion into the low-end-centric areas of the electronic-music spectrum, and should serve as an indicator of what to expect when his long-awaited full-length debut drops at the end of the year. Fun fact: This isn't Bambounou's first time working with Modeselektor; he put together the immense "Pixel" tune for Monkeytown's Modeselektion Vol. 02 compilation (read our review here). While you wait for the Cobe EP to drop on August 17, you can check out its tracklist, artwork, and some preview clips below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player