Ango Announces Forthcoming Free LP
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Montreal resident Ango (a.k.a. Andrew Gordon McPherson) has chosen to release his upcoming album, Serpentine, entirely for free on his website. The LP, which will be available via Ango's website on July 17, is "loosely a concept album" which aims to establish McPherson as a singer/songwriter as much as a production talent, and features collaborations with notable artists the likes of Jacques Greene and Kuedo. According to Ango, his decision to hand over his 10-track record free of charge is not only a gift for his fans, but an expression of "artistic freedom" that has allowed him to explore creative avenues that wouldn't be available to him on a commercial release (like, say, royalty-free sampling of Mogwai's "Auto Rock," as heard in the clip below). Serpentine will be his first release since LuckyMe dropped the Another City EP back in January, not to mention his collaborative EP with Lunice and Prison Garde. Before Ango gives away that record, you can check out its tracklist along with a teaser video, below.
1. The Lie
3. Make it Count
4. Really Really
5. True Blue (Prod. by Jacques Greene)
6. Paralyzed (Prod. by Prison Garde & Eames)
7. Out Of Your System (Prod. by Kuedo)
8. Anchor (Prod. by Numan)
9. Losing You (Prod. by Mike Din)
10. Woman, Get Out Of My Life
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player