Listen to Maya Jane Coles' Remix of 2:54
- Words: Elissa Stolman
After dominating our servers with her remixes of Lianne La Havas and Bo Saris, the UK's prominent deep-house talent, Maya Jane Coles, delivers her take on British indie band 2:54's "Creeping." The producer trades gritty guitars for the gloss of flickering synths and dubbed out samples, while still retaining the brooding sound of the original, which was released in May as part of 2:54's self-titled debut album. Maya Jane Cole's vision of "Creeping" unites 2:54's grungey darkness and rich vocals with her own penchant for churning low end and rounded synth notes, so the tune at once recalls the house phenom's excellent production work and 2:54's ramshackle indie rock.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player