Listen to Maya Jane Coles' Remix of 2:54
- Words: Elissa Stolman
After dominating our servers with her remixes of Lianne La Havas and Bo Saris, the UK's prominent deep-house talent, Maya Jane Coles, delivers her take on British indie band 2:54's "Creeping." The producer trades gritty guitars for the gloss of flickering synths and dubbed out samples, while still retaining the brooding sound of the original, which was released in May as part of 2:54's self-titled debut album. Maya Jane Cole's vision of "Creeping" unites 2:54's grungey darkness and rich vocals with her own penchant for churning low end and rounded synth notes, so the tune at once recalls the house phenom's excellent production work and 2:54's ramshackle indie rock.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player