Listen to Maya Jane Coles' Remix of 2:54
- Words: Elissa Stolman
After dominating our servers with her remixes of Lianne La Havas and Bo Saris, the UK's prominent deep-house talent, Maya Jane Coles, delivers her take on British indie band 2:54's "Creeping." The producer trades gritty guitars for the gloss of flickering synths and dubbed out samples, while still retaining the brooding sound of the original, which was released in May as part of 2:54's self-titled debut album. Maya Jane Cole's vision of "Creeping" unites 2:54's grungey darkness and rich vocals with her own penchant for churning low end and rounded synth notes, so the tune at once recalls the house phenom's excellent production work and 2:54's ramshackle indie rock.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player