Midland and Pariah Team Up on New Collaborative 12"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: James Clothier
One of the great things about the UK having such a high concentration of quality producers is that the probabilities of intriguing collaborations happening are seemingly higher than anyplace else on the planet. After all, with numerous music-makers clustered in relatively small pockets of the country, it's a lot more feasible for artists to pop down the road and see what happens when they combine their efforts with another producer. Apparently, that impulse has been indulged by London's Midland (pictured above) and Pariah, who have joined forces on a pair of tunes that will soon see the light of day. The tracks, both of which are untitled, have been marked for release on Works the Long Nights, the vinyl-only imprint launched last year by Pariah and Blawan, initially as a vehicle for their Karenn project. While an exact release date has not yet been set, snippets of both tunes were posted online today, likely in an effort to whet our collective appetites. The two streams are below.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player