Audiomatique artists don't often travel to the U.S. (ridiculous Visa requirements make this an understandable fact), so it's always a treat when one of the label's makers of modern techno and house announce Stateside dates. Okay, so maybe Brooklyn-based Adultnapper is one of the few on the roster who actually lives on the U.S., but the ex-PHD student and punk rocker has a few shows planned throughout the month of August before he heads over to Europe. Read more »
London's Kemistry Gallery, the only exhibition space in the U.K. that's completely graphic design-centered, recently asked 11 artists that had previously shown work at the space to participate in Retrospective-One.
The exhibition will feature all manner of graphic-design creations–from collages and light boxes to hand-drawn typography and prints–on display from Parra, Geoff McFetridge, Experimental Jetset, Zak Kyes, NMo, Simon Svärd, Cut-Up Collective, Jay One, Eine, Sanderson Bob, and James Joyce.
Read more »
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player