Video: Beenie Man "Hot Like Fire (Produced by Dre Skull)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
It wasn't too long ago that XLR8R was singing the praises of Dre Skull's Loudspeaker Riddim. More than a month after its initial release, the various versions of the NY producer's bright and bouncy dancehall creation still sound ace, and now the videos are beginning to emerge. Last week, a clip for Popcaan's "The System" surfaced, while today sees the release of a video for "Hot Like Fire" from dancehall veteran Beenie Man. In terms of content, the piece is pretty standard dancehall fare, as Beenie Man is standing around in fly outfits while gyrating girls in even more outlandish ensembles do their thing. It's not exactly reinventing the wheel, but it looks good and the song sounds even better.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player