Video: Fitzroy North "White Paint"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Antony Barkworth-Knight, the director behind V.C.'s video for "Superfluid," has flexed his talents once again with an animation for Barcelona-based producer Fitzroy North. The upside-down numbers in the bottom-left-hand corner of the clip for "White Paint" count each and every frame Barkworth-Knight tackled with his pen as he used a rotoscoping technique to animate the video. After drawing over every other live-action frame, the artist reached a grand total of 2,232 painstakingly documented movements, all of which depict a dance choreographed and performed by Manchester-based actor Cathy Shiel. As she frolicks from frame to frame throughout the video's adorably handcrafted three minutes, Fitzroy North's tune boasts moments of colorful maximalism and plenty of squishy midrange bass over its crunchy beats.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player