Video Premiere: Michael Nyman & David McAlmont "Secrets, Accusations & Charges (Max Cooper Reconstruction)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
You may remember a particularly interesting track which appeared in XLR8R's Downloads feed back in April, a remix of Ólafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm's "a2" by London ambient-techno producer Max Cooper. The track was extremely well-received, and eventually scored second place in our Top 20 Downloads of April just under Maya Jane Coles' Lianne La Havas remix (quite the force to be reckoned with). Cooper has once again lent his remixing skills to a pair of classical musicians, and turned Michael Nyman & David McAlmonts' "Secrets, Accusations & Charges" into an emotive flurry of disjointed pianos, strings, and voices. Now, a fittingly austere and masterfully executed video has been paired with the sounds, courtesy of director and animator Nick Cobby. An array of visages rendered in nothing but floating points connected by straight lines make up just about the whole of Cobby's piece, as the images flicker and sway in the void to the rhythm of Cooper's multi-dimensional music. London label Last Night on Earth will release "Secrets, Accusations & Charges (Max Cooper Reconstruction)" along with the talented producer's "Deconstruction" of the same piece on July 9, but you can preview the release before then, below.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player