Video Premiere: Michael Nyman & David McAlmont "Secrets, Accusations & Charges (Max Cooper Reconstruction)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
You may remember a particularly interesting track which appeared in XLR8R's Downloads feed back in April, a remix of Ólafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm's "a2" by London ambient-techno producer Max Cooper. The track was extremely well-received, and eventually scored second place in our Top 20 Downloads of April just under Maya Jane Coles' Lianne La Havas remix (quite the force to be reckoned with). Cooper has once again lent his remixing skills to a pair of classical musicians, and turned Michael Nyman & David McAlmonts' "Secrets, Accusations & Charges" into an emotive flurry of disjointed pianos, strings, and voices. Now, a fittingly austere and masterfully executed video has been paired with the sounds, courtesy of director and animator Nick Cobby. An array of visages rendered in nothing but floating points connected by straight lines make up just about the whole of Cobby's piece, as the images flicker and sway in the void to the rhythm of Cooper's multi-dimensional music. London label Last Night on Earth will release "Secrets, Accusations & Charges (Max Cooper Reconstruction)" along with the talented producer's "Deconstruction" of the same piece on July 9, but you can preview the release before then, below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHear the Lead Track from Midland's Upcoming EP for Aus
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player