Gatekeeper Shares Immersive Virtual World for 'Exo'
- Words: Elissa Stolman
This morning, Brooklyn-based duo Gatekeeper (a.k.a. Aaron David Ross and Matthew Arkell) revealed a "virtual gaming environment" for its recently released album, Exo. We were able to delve into the group's high-tech working conditions in our recent In the Studio feature, but the cyberworld that Gatekeeper created with artist Tabor Robak reveals an entirely different terrain. Judging from a 35-minute playthrough video, this sort of virtual reality—which is said to be "the true way [Exo] should be experienced"—takes users through the galaxy, a hyper-futuristic spaceship, and several different scenes of a post-apocolyptic and strangely lush landscape. You can download and experience the strange trip for yourself, here.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player