Gatekeeper Shares Immersive Virtual World for 'Exo'
- Words: Elissa Stolman
This morning, Brooklyn-based duo Gatekeeper (a.k.a. Aaron David Ross and Matthew Arkell) revealed a "virtual gaming environment" for its recently released album, Exo. We were able to delve into the group's high-tech working conditions in our recent In the Studio feature, but the cyberworld that Gatekeeper created with artist Tabor Robak reveals an entirely different terrain. Judging from a 35-minute playthrough video, this sort of virtual reality—which is said to be "the true way [Exo] should be experienced"—takes users through the galaxy, a hyper-futuristic spaceship, and several different scenes of a post-apocolyptic and strangely lush landscape. You can download and experience the strange trip for yourself, here.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player