Gatekeeper Shares Immersive Virtual World for 'Exo'
- Words: Elissa Stolman
This morning, Brooklyn-based duo Gatekeeper (a.k.a. Aaron David Ross and Matthew Arkell) revealed a "virtual gaming environment" for its recently released album, Exo. We were able to delve into the group's high-tech working conditions in our recent In the Studio feature, but the cyberworld that Gatekeeper created with artist Tabor Robak reveals an entirely different terrain. Judging from a 35-minute playthrough video, this sort of virtual reality—which is said to be "the true way [Exo] should be experienced"—takes users through the galaxy, a hyper-futuristic spaceship, and several different scenes of a post-apocolyptic and strangely lush landscape. You can download and experience the strange trip for yourself, here.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player