Icee Hot Launches Label, Preps First Release From Ghosts on Tape
- Words: Christian Santana
No matter how long you've been a member of the XLR8R faithful, you've undoubtedly seen the name Icee Hot pop up more than a few times on the site. The club night run by Ghosts on Tape, Rollie Fingers, Low Limit (who you might recognize as half of Lazer Sword), and our own editor Shawn Reynaldo has made a name for itself by bringing DJs and producers from across the globe to San Francisco every month for nearly three years (the latest installment of which takes place tonight with John Talabot). Now, the crew has decided to take its curatorial skills to the next level by launching a record label under the Icee Hot name, announcing that its first release will arrive courtesy of Ghosts on Tape (pictured above). Coming out of a three-year gap since his last record, the San Francisco DJ/producer will drop his four-track 12"—featuring two original productions alongside remixes from Lando Kal (the other half of Lazer Sword) and Jus-Ed—on September 17. And if that wasn't enough, Icee Hot has already hinted at releases in the works from Canadian duo Grown Folk, TURRBOTAX® co-founder Contakt, and both members of Lazer Sword. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for Ghosts on Tape's forthcoming record, as well as stream previews of its four tunes, below.
1. Nature's Law
2. No Go
3. Nature's Law (Lando Kal Remix)
4. Nature's Law (Jus-Ed Remix)
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player