Lindstrøm Shares Details of Second 2012 Album
- Words: Patric Fallon
Well, technically, we've known that another new album (following the wildly maximalist Six Cups of Rebel from earlier this year) was coming from Oslo-based disco stalwart Lindstrøm since he unveiled one of his latest tunes, "Rà-àkõ-st," but now, we get to peruse the finer details of that forthcoming LP. The six-track album is called Smalhans (an old Norwegian word that means "scarcity" or "poverty"), and will arrive on November 5 via Smalltown Supersound. As it turns out, the spacey dancefloor cut we heard last week is the record's lead tune, and like that track, the whole album was mixed by fellow Norwegian producer Todd Terje. You can check out the artwork and the difficult-to-read tracklist for Smalhans before it's released, below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player