Listen to Richie Hawtin Talk Career, Life, Music, and More
- Words: Natalie Kelapire
In this recent interview, BBC Radio 1 DJ Heidi talks with longtime friend and techno icon Richie Hawtin about the artist's life and musical career from his start as Plastikman up to where he is today living in Berlin. Listen below to hear the two reminisce on early times when Hawtin would dig through his father's record collection, take frequent trips to Detroit to explore the record stores and clubs in the blossoming city, and how for him, starting to DJ was actually "sort of an accident." Hawtin goes on to explain the reason for his move to New York, and also talks in detail about the early success of Plastikman, as well as his legendary warehouse parties in Detroit. The interview features appearances from Seth Troxler, a few Detroit legends—such as Jeff Mills, Carl Craig, and Juan Atkins—as well as Hawtin's own father and brother.
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsWatch the Geometric Video for Sculpture's "Hackle Scam Populator"
- MP3T_A_M "Tail Snap (Murlo Remix)"
- NewsHyperdub Readies Debut LP from Fhloston Paradigm
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player