The Lowdown - This Week on XLR8R
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, we've created The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the best tidbits from our site.
- After years of talking about his music, we went deep with Night Slugs co-founder Bok Bok about his design work for the latest installment of our Vis-Ed series.
- The upcoming edition of the Red Bull Music Academy, originally scheduled to take place this autumn in New York, was postponed to 2013.
- Moogfest announced its initial lineup for 2012.
- San Fernando Valley acid-funk experimentalist SFV Acid was the subject of our most recent Bubblin' Up piece.
- A Philip Glass remix album was announced, which will reportedly have contributions from Pantha du Prince, Nosaj Thing, Amon Tobin, Tyondai Braxton, and others.
- Pearson Sound will soon be releasing a new 12" via Hessle Audio.
- Frite Nite stalwart B. Bravo offered up a new cut from his forthcoming collaborative EP with Teeko, The Starship Connection.
- Rustie will soon be heading to North America for a short run of shows.
- NY producer Slow Hands remixed an Aphex Twin classic and let us give it away as a free download.
- A pair id America era buds were announced as the prize for this week's contest; it's not too late to enter!
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player