The Lowdown - This Week on XLR8R
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the best tidbits from our site.
- We introduced everyone to Nick Hook (pictured above), who will be piloting our brand-new advice column. Hi, Doctor Nick! will debut in September; start sending your questions now.
- LA beatmaker and Wedidit crew member Groundislava put together an exclusive mix for this week's XLR8R podcast.
- Flying Lotus shared a new song from his forthcoming album.
- Fresh off the completion of his Change in a Dynamic Environment trilogy, Untold hopped on AIM to talk with us for the latest installment of our Chatterbox series.
- Our newest High Five feature found Teengirl Fantasy sharing some of their favorite '80s and '90s cuts that influenced the making of new album Tracer. The duo also offered up a stream of the whole LP.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player