The Lowdown - This Week on XLR8R
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Shaun Bloodworth
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the best tidbits from our site.
- Grime upstart Royal-T turned in a high-energy mix for this week's XLR8R podcast.
- We inaugurated our new Welcome to... series by taking an in-depth look at Russia's burgeoning beats and bass scene. A couple of days later, a free compilation featuring many of the artists from the article was sent our way.
- Zodiac, former producer for The Weeknd, posted the first taste of his forthcoming EP for Jacques Greene's Vase label.
- Our new advice columnist Nick Hook still needs your questions before Hi, Doctor Nick! debuts in September.
- Hyperdub don Kode9 is making a new single.
- This week's contest offered up the chance to win some boomSTREAM wireless speakers. Enter now, while you still can.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player