Peter Van Hoesen Preps New LP; Stream it Now
- Words: Anthony Princi
Belgian-born DJ/producer Peter Van Hoesen is set to release his second album, Perceiver, on September 3 via Time to Express, and has already posted the record online to stream and download. The record is proof that the prolific producer is continuing to explore experimental soundscapes, as certain songs—like "Spectral Participant" and "To Alter A Vector"—are even more cinematic than they are club-ready, tunes that wouldn't be out of place in The Matrix soundtrack or at a club in his hometown of Berlin. Yet despite the record's ambient inclinations, Perceiver also includes a few dirty, deep-house numbers, like the percussive "Inspection in Solitude" and the fuzzy, synth-laden "Decoder." Before Van Hoesen releases the physical editions of his 11-track LP next week, you can listen to the whole thing below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player