Peter Van Hoesen Preps New LP; Stream it Now
- Words: Anthony Princi
Belgian-born DJ/producer Peter Van Hoesen is set to release his second album, Perceiver, on September 3 via Time to Express, and has already posted the record online to stream and download. The record is proof that the prolific producer is continuing to explore experimental soundscapes, as certain songs—like "Spectral Participant" and "To Alter A Vector"—are even more cinematic than they are club-ready, tunes that wouldn't be out of place in The Matrix soundtrack or at a club in his hometown of Berlin. Yet despite the record's ambient inclinations, Perceiver also includes a few dirty, deep-house numbers, like the percussive "Inspection in Solitude" and the fuzzy, synth-laden "Decoder." Before Van Hoesen releases the physical editions of his 11-track LP next week, you can listen to the whole thing below.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player