Andy Stott Readies New LP for Modern Love
- Words: Patric Fallon
One of our picks for the Best Releases of 2011 was a monolithic offering of subterranean techno from Manchester's Andy Stott, called Passed Me By, a record which the DJ/producer will soon follow up with a new LP. The eight-track Luxury Problems is set to drop on October 29 via Modern Love, and is said to feature vocal contributions from Alison Skidmore (who was, incidentally, Stott's childhood piano teacher) on more than half of its productions. You can check out the artwork and tracklist for Luxury Problems below.
2. Lost and Found
4. Hatch the Plan
6. Luxury Problems
7. Up the Box
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player