Black Jazz Consortium Announces EP Trilogy, Shares First Installment
- Words: Anthony Princi
New York's Fred P (a.k.a. Black Jazz Consortium) is set to release his first installment of an EP trilogy he's calling Codes And Metaphors. Part 1 is said to be a silky-smooth combination of jazz fusion and deep house that features Japanese vocalist Minako (who is debuting her own album for in the near future) and Fred P's piano skills across its three original tracks. The b-side of that record also holds a more club-ready, synth-laden remix from London producer Simbad. Before Black Jazz Consortium's Codes and Metaphors Part 1 drops via his own Soul People label on October 3, you can stream snippets of each of its tunes below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player