Black Jazz Consortium Announces EP Trilogy, Shares First Installment
- Words: Anthony Princi
New York's Fred P (a.k.a. Black Jazz Consortium) is set to release his first installment of an EP trilogy he's calling Codes And Metaphors. Part 1 is said to be a silky-smooth combination of jazz fusion and deep house that features Japanese vocalist Minako (who is debuting her own album for in the near future) and Fred P's piano skills across its three original tracks. The b-side of that record also holds a more club-ready, synth-laden remix from London producer Simbad. Before Black Jazz Consortium's Codes and Metaphors Part 1 drops via his own Soul People label on October 3, you can stream snippets of each of its tunes below.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player