Brian Eno Announces New Solo Album for Warp
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Announced today, LUX is the 76-minute album on its way from legendary producer/musician Brian Eno, his first solo effort since 2005's Another Day on Earth. LUX follows Small Craft on a Milk Sea, Eno's collaborative LP with Jon Hopkins and Leo Abrahams, and the Rick Holland-featuring Drums Between The Bells, making it Eno's third record to be released via Warp. According to a press release, the artist sees his new album as a continuation of his 'Music for Thinking' project, which includes his 1975 work Discreet Music and the 1993 piece Neroli. Eno is said to have composed the music—which is split up in four roughly 20-minute tracks—in "twelve sections that evolved from a work currently housed in the Great Gallery of the Palace of Venaria in Turin, Italy." LUX will be released on November 13 as a CD, and will be available as a download and double-vinyl package on December 11.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player