Bullion, Kenton Slash Demon, and Pachanga Boys to Feature on John Talabot Remix EP
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Barcelonan breakout producer John Talabot has announced the forthcoming release of a remix EP for some standout tracks from his recent debut album, the XLR8R Pick'd Fin. The five-track offering—which features reworkings by the Pachanga Boys (a.k.a. Rebolledo and Superpitcher), Denmark-based duo Kenton Slash Demon, and UK talent Bullion—will drop on October 12 via Permanent Vacation in the form of two vinyl records. One 12" will feature the three contributions helmed by the Pachanga Boys, who crafted "Purple," "Red," and "Blue" remixes of John Talabot's "When the Past Was Present." The accompanying 10" is split between Kenton Slash Demon's take on "Last Land" and Bullion's version of "Destiny," which apparently replaces Pional's orignal vocals with Buillon's own singing and lyrics. Seeing as how John Talabot's remix record is denoted as Vol. 1, we expect more installments of the series in the near future.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player