Bullion, Kenton Slash Demon, and Pachanga Boys to Feature on John Talabot Remix EP
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Barcelonan breakout producer John Talabot has announced the forthcoming release of a remix EP for some standout tracks from his recent debut album, the XLR8R Pick'd Fin. The five-track offering—which features reworkings by the Pachanga Boys (a.k.a. Rebolledo and Superpitcher), Denmark-based duo Kenton Slash Demon, and UK talent Bullion—will drop on October 12 via Permanent Vacation in the form of two vinyl records. One 12" will feature the three contributions helmed by the Pachanga Boys, who crafted "Purple," "Red," and "Blue" remixes of John Talabot's "When the Past Was Present." The accompanying 10" is split between Kenton Slash Demon's take on "Last Land" and Bullion's version of "Destiny," which apparently replaces Pional's orignal vocals with Buillon's own singing and lyrics. Seeing as how John Talabot's remix record is denoted as Vol. 1, we expect more installments of the series in the near future.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player