Bullion, Kenton Slash Demon, and Pachanga Boys to Feature on John Talabot Remix EP
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Barcelonan breakout producer John Talabot has announced the forthcoming release of a remix EP for some standout tracks from his recent debut album, the XLR8R Pick'd Fin. The five-track offering—which features reworkings by the Pachanga Boys (a.k.a. Rebolledo and Superpitcher), Denmark-based duo Kenton Slash Demon, and UK talent Bullion—will drop on October 12 via Permanent Vacation in the form of two vinyl records. One 12" will feature the three contributions helmed by the Pachanga Boys, who crafted "Purple," "Red," and "Blue" remixes of John Talabot's "When the Past Was Present." The accompanying 10" is split between Kenton Slash Demon's take on "Last Land" and Bullion's version of "Destiny," which apparently replaces Pional's orignal vocals with Buillon's own singing and lyrics. Seeing as how John Talabot's remix record is denoted as Vol. 1, we expect more installments of the series in the near future.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player