Flying Lotus Unveils 'Until the Quiet Comes' Short Film
- Words: Patric Fallon
Everyone's favorite jazz-obsessed beatmaker Flying Lotus has just dropped a short film featuring new music from his upcoming fourth album, Until the Quiet Comes. The video—directed by Kahlil Joseph—is a dark and somewhat gritty portrayal of a housing complex called Nickerson Gardens in Los Angeles, but is certainly not without its beautiful and uplifting moments—including bright underwater shots and a resurrected gunshot victim doing his strange dances amongst the neighborhood's unmoving inhabitants. It's not only an excellently shot piece well worth four minutes of your time, it's also a great way to hear tracks from Flying Lotus' new album before it drops on October 2 via Warp. You can check it out below.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player