LOL Boys Announces Hiatus, Solo Projects; Gives Away Music
- Words: Patric Fallon
It's never good news when a group that seemed to be just finding its stride hits the proverbial pause button, but that is exactly what LA/Montreal production duo LOL Boys announced yesterday. After releasing their excellent Changes EP and unveiling the pretty damn cool music video for that record's title track earlier this year, Jerome Potter and Markus Garcia have put their LOL Boys project on hiatus. The news isn't completely bad, however, as the duo marked the occasion by offering a bunch of edits from its recent mix for The FADER, which you can download for free here. Potter has also used this time to announce his new solo project, simply called Jerome LOL, giving away a few free introductory tracks of his own, as well. You can download those here, and stream them below. On Facebook, LOL Boys mentioned that its final release will be a remix EP for Changes, and that Garcia will soon unveil his own solo project.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player