The Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Trevor Traynor
Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Bay Area producer Eskmo (pictured above) gave away "I Just Want," the lead track from his forthcoming new EP, Language, as a free download.
2. This week's podcast was a high-quality house mix from rising UK artist Tom Demac.
3. Reso announced that he'll be dropping a new EP and LP in the months ahead, and offered up a free download of "Aegis" in the meantime.
4. Jerome LOL told us about a scary run-in with some Barcelona teenagers in the latest chapter of our Trainwreck series.
5. Fresh off the release of KRSUR's "Wayfarer" single, the Dutch producer shared the swirling ELOQ Remix as a free download.
6. After visiting Vancouver last weekend for the annual New Forms festival, our review listed 10 things we liked about it... and a couple of things we didn't.
7. We premiered the trippy and costume-laden new video for "Aldgate Patterns" from London producer Little People.
8. After a long wait, LA's Nosaj Thing announced a new LP that's set to appear in 2013. The first single, "Eclipse/Blue," which will drop on a 10" next month, is streaming now.
9. Flying Lotus continued his barrage of new music before Until the Quiet Comes appears next month. The latest bit to be unveiled was an animated video for the song "Putty Boy Strut."
10. Berlin-based beatmaker Benjamin Damage remixed "Caves" from Canadian duo Data Romance and offered the result as a free download.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown
XLR8R Downloads Player