Nosaj Thing Announces Long-Awaited Second LP, Streams First Single
- Words: Patric Fallon
- Photo: Mikey T
We can barely remember when LA beatsmith Nosaj Thing released his debut LP, Drift, though the internet reminds us that it was sometime back in 2009. Three years later (practically a lifetime on the internet), we've received word that producer Jason Chung has finished work on his sophomore album, and is offering its first single beforehand. The moody and ethereal "Eclipse/Blue" features Kazu Makino of indie trio Blonde Redhead, and will drop as a 10" next month via Innovative Leisure. The record precedes the 2013 release of Nosaj Thing's Home LP, which is said to be full of "signature cinematic soundscapes that explore the space from where Drift left off," and can be streamed in full below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player