Tim Hecker and Oneohtrix Point Never Reveal Details of Collaborative LP
- Words: Patric Fallon
Word has been floating around for a short while that Brooklyn's Daniel Lopatin (a.k.a. Oneohtrix Point Never) and Canadian noise auteur Tim Hecker have been at work on a collaborative LP, the details of which the pair has just revealed. The forthcoming album is called Instrumental Tourist (artwork above), and boasts 12 tracks representing both "two artists transcending their respective visions by agreeing to a new language" and the first installment of SSTUDIOS, a series curated by Lopatin's Software imprint—which he runs with Ford & Lopatin partner Joel Ford—bent on bringing together electronic artists to create works of "quality and vision." Before Hecker and Oneohtrix Point Never release their album on November 20, you can check out its tracklist and listen to its opening cut below.
Scene From a French Zoo
Vacinnation For Thomas Mann
Whole Earth Tascam
GRM Blue II
GRM Blue III
Ritual For Consumption
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player