Video: The Miracles Club "The Wheel"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Portland-based house revivalists of The Miracles Club have released a new video to accompany "The Wheel," the group's contribution to the inaugural release for its Ecstasy label. The clip showcases some of the most charming aspects of The Miracles Club, like its fun-loving and goofy sense of psychedelia and love for over-the-top, theatrical dance moves. There's a lot of body paint and glitter in the clip, too, which features people decked out in pre-modern garb and flamboyant costumes wiggling in front of backdrops that look ripped from The Miracles Club's MacBook Photobooth. The lo-fi imagery in the video matches the vintage feel of "The Wheel," which draws inspiration from early '90s analog house rhythms throughout its thumping, swirling aesthetic.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player