Video: The Miracles Club "The Wheel"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
The Portland-based house revivalists of The Miracles Club have released a new video to accompany "The Wheel," the group's contribution to the inaugural release for its Ecstasy label. The clip showcases some of the most charming aspects of The Miracles Club, like its fun-loving and goofy sense of psychedelia and love for over-the-top, theatrical dance moves. There's a lot of body paint and glitter in the clip, too, which features people decked out in pre-modern garb and flamboyant costumes wiggling in front of backdrops that look ripped from The Miracles Club's MacBook Photobooth. The lo-fi imagery in the video matches the vintage feel of "The Wheel," which draws inspiration from early '90s analog house rhythms throughout its thumping, swirling aesthetic.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player