Video: Mmoths "Over You"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Mmoths' ambient-leaning "Over You" is marked by brightly echoing vocal sounds, wood block percussion, and airy chimes, as well as a somewhat-muffled—albeit carefree—melody. The song's visual counterpart, which was directed by Brendan Canty of Irish film studio Feel Good Lost (who we profiled in a recent Vis-Ed feature) and premiered by UK DJ/tastemaker/radio personality Annie Mac, is equally ethereal. Composed of pleasant, overlapping images of birds, bursts of light and color, and a young lady smoking a cigarette with her long hair whipping in the wind, the piece fits the tune nicely. Mmoths' new production will be featured on Annie Mac Presents 2012 when it drops on October 8 via Island.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player