Video Premiere: Little People "Aldgate Patterns"
- Words: James Eaton
Here's a colorful and inventive clip for the playfully emotive tune "Aldgate Patterns" from London producer Little People's forthcoming We Are But Hunks of Wood LP. Watch as faceless individuals shrouded in presumably handmade costumes undertake some kind of archaeological dig and inexplicable ritual in a desolate terrain, eventually transforming the rocky landscape into a vibrant display of light, color, and patterns. The piece—directed by Adam Amaral (a.k.a. Master of Shapes)—was impeccably conceived, shot, and produced, courtesy of Work, and offers a great introduction to all of the artists involved. What's more, Little People is offering "Aldgate Patterns" as a free download before his album drops on October 9, below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player