Video Premiere: Little People "Aldgate Patterns"
- Words: James Eaton
Here's a colorful and inventive clip for the playfully emotive tune "Aldgate Patterns" from London producer Little People's forthcoming We Are But Hunks of Wood LP. Watch as faceless individuals shrouded in presumably handmade costumes undertake some kind of archaeological dig and inexplicable ritual in a desolate terrain, eventually transforming the rocky landscape into a vibrant display of light, color, and patterns. The piece—directed by Adam Amaral (a.k.a. Master of Shapes)—was impeccably conceived, shot, and produced, courtesy of Work, and offers a great introduction to all of the artists involved. What's more, Little People is offering "Aldgate Patterns" as a free download before his album drops on October 9, below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player