Video Premiere: Otto von Schirach "When Dinosaurs Rule the Earth"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Monkeytown-affiliated producer and recent XLR8R podcast contributor Otto von Schirach has just unveiled his brand-new video for "When Dinosaurs Rule the Earth," a lively tune from his recently released Supermeng LP. The fun-loving piece features amiable characters—Alligator Jesus, Monkey Astronaut, and a crew of silly superheroes—alongside a mustachioed Otto von Schirach, going by the alias Supermeng. The Miami-based artist's relatively lo-fi video brims with party-starting energy (albeit a bit on the Moombahton side of things), and features costumed dancers romping around like dinosaurs. Otto von Schirach uses his "cloning power" to double the raucous vibes midway through, before wrapping it all up with some old-school horror movie footage.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player