Video Premiere: Pixelord "Been Lookin"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Just a few days ahead of the September 17 release of his Supaplex EP and following the recent freebie tune "Freeze Star VIP," Russian producer Pixelord (a.k.a. Alexey Devyanin) has unveiled the peculiar video for his new record's lead track, "Been Lookin." While the footwork-leaning beat doesn't overtly suggest that Pixelord has a fascination with shogun or samurai culture, the clip for the tune draws heavily on footage from a presumably vintage Japanese film. Director Dan Hankinson modified and edited the images by making ample use of the mirroring effect and superimposing opaque geometric patterns; at one moment, the film flickers within a triangle that's floating in what looks like star-spangled deep space. Considering the dark chord stabs in Pixelord's track, perhaps the black void of outer space is an appropriate setting for the video's seemingly random infatuation with samurai films.
- MP3Chrissy Murderbot "Alright (Calculon & Austin Speed Remix)"
- NewsListen to a Reversed Version of Boards of Canada's New Single
- NewsListen to the New Single from Boards of Canada
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Ikonika
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Four Tet, Daft Punk, Disclosure, Mount Kimbie, Boards of Canada, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player