Video Premiere: Pixelord "Been Lookin"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Just a few days ahead of the September 17 release of his Supaplex EP and following the recent freebie tune "Freeze Star VIP," Russian producer Pixelord (a.k.a. Alexey Devyanin) has unveiled the peculiar video for his new record's lead track, "Been Lookin." While the footwork-leaning beat doesn't overtly suggest that Pixelord has a fascination with shogun or samurai culture, the clip for the tune draws heavily on footage from a presumably vintage Japanese film. Director Dan Hankinson modified and edited the images by making ample use of the mirroring effect and superimposing opaque geometric patterns; at one moment, the film flickers within a triangle that's floating in what looks like star-spangled deep space. Considering the dark chord stabs in Pixelord's track, perhaps the black void of outer space is an appropriate setting for the video's seemingly random infatuation with samurai films.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player