Video Premiere: Urulu "1991"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, we're premiering Los Angeles-based producer Urulu's video for "1991," a dreamy and upbeat tune that recalls the diva-obsessed realm of early-'90s house music. Directed by Cru Joness and starring Stephanie Angulo and Taylor Freels, the beautifully shot piece tells the story of two friends who head off for a night on the town. As the two mingle in a club, it becomes apparent that one half of the pair is not feeling the scene that night. Taking the night into her own hands, she leaves the party to explore Los Angeles independently, dance through plazas, and skip among the lightposts of LACMA, all of which adds to the lighthearted nature of Joness' imagery. "1991" is taken from Urulu's recently released Sincerely 91 EP for German label Exploited.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player