Video Premiere: Urulu "1991"
- Words: Rebecca Bratburd
Today, we're premiering Los Angeles-based producer Urulu's video for "1991," a dreamy and upbeat tune that recalls the diva-obsessed realm of early-'90s house music. Directed by Cru Joness and starring Stephanie Angulo and Taylor Freels, the beautifully shot piece tells the story of two friends who head off for a night on the town. As the two mingle in a club, it becomes apparent that one half of the pair is not feeling the scene that night. Taking the night into her own hands, she leaves the party to explore Los Angeles independently, dance through plazas, and skip among the lightposts of LACMA, all of which adds to the lighthearted nature of Joness' imagery. "1991" is taken from Urulu's recently released Sincerely 91 EP for German label Exploited.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- MP3Rhythm Operator "Mind Wave"
- NewsStream Massimiliano Pagliara's New LP for Live at Robert Johnson
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player