Icee Hot to Release New 12" from Lando Kal
- Words: James Eaton
It was only last month when San Francisco club night-turned-record label Icee Hot (whose ranks, we should mention, include XLR8R editor Shawn Reynaldo) dropped its first offering, a solid four-track 12" from one of the party's resident DJs, Ghosts on Tape. Now, we've got word of the new outpost's second release, "Let You in the Sky" b/w "Help Myself" from Berlin resident and recent In the Studio-featured artist Lando Kal (a.k.a. Antaeus Roy). The DJ/producer, who is also one half of Lazer Sword, will drop his new 12" on November 5. The record will arrive with Lando Kal's two original productions and a remix each from Montreal house producers Grown Folk and Detroit techno veteran Anthony "Shake" Shakir—the digital version will include another original tune from Roy, called "So Correct." Snippets of all five tracks are streaming in he player below.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player