Icee Hot to Release New 12" from Lando Kal
- Words: James Eaton
It was only last month when San Francisco club night-turned-record label Icee Hot (whose ranks, we should mention, include XLR8R editor Shawn Reynaldo) dropped its first offering, a solid four-track 12" from one of the party's resident DJs, Ghosts on Tape. Now, we've got word of the new outpost's second release, "Let You in the Sky" b/w "Help Myself" from Berlin resident and recent In the Studio-featured artist Lando Kal (a.k.a. Antaeus Roy). The DJ/producer, who is also one half of Lazer Sword, will drop his new 12" on November 5. The record will arrive with Lando Kal's two original productions and a remix each from Montreal house producers Grown Folk and Detroit techno veteran Anthony "Shake" Shakir—the digital version will include another original tune from Roy, called "So Correct." Snippets of all five tracks are streaming in he player below.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player