Icee Hot to Release New 12" from Lando Kal
- Words: James Eaton
It was only last month when San Francisco club night-turned-record label Icee Hot (whose ranks, we should mention, include XLR8R editor Shawn Reynaldo) dropped its first offering, a solid four-track 12" from one of the party's resident DJs, Ghosts on Tape. Now, we've got word of the new outpost's second release, "Let You in the Sky" b/w "Help Myself" from Berlin resident and recent In the Studio-featured artist Lando Kal (a.k.a. Antaeus Roy). The DJ/producer, who is also one half of Lazer Sword, will drop his new 12" on November 5. The record will arrive with Lando Kal's two original productions and a remix each from Montreal house producers Grown Folk and Detroit techno veteran Anthony "Shake" Shakir—the digital version will include another original tune from Roy, called "So Correct." Snippets of all five tracks are streaming in he player below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player