Stones Throw Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Fund Documentary
Veteran LA label Stones Throw has launched a Kickstarter campaign to support the production of a feature-length documentary on the label's history and the array of artists that have graced its roster since 1996. For years, directors have already been working with label founder Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above) in the making of the documentary, called Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton (This is Stones Throw Records), and have already collected hours of never-before-seen footage from past shows, interviews, and candid moments. Many enticing rewards are available to those who support the project, including collectable merchandise, a Quasimoto Zoo York skate deck, and a tour of the Stones Throw headquarters and studio in LA. Before heading over to Kickstarter to learn more about and donate to the project, check out a preview of Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton below.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player