Stones Throw Launches Kickstarter Campaign to Fund Documentary
Veteran LA label Stones Throw has launched a Kickstarter campaign to support the production of a feature-length documentary on the label's history and the array of artists that have graced its roster since 1996. For years, directors have already been working with label founder Peanut Butter Wolf (pictured above) in the making of the documentary, called Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton (This is Stones Throw Records), and have already collected hours of never-before-seen footage from past shows, interviews, and candid moments. Many enticing rewards are available to those who support the project, including collectable merchandise, a Quasimoto Zoo York skate deck, and a tour of the Stones Throw headquarters and studio in LA. Before heading over to Kickstarter to learn more about and donate to the project, check out a preview of Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player