Video: Artifact "Drain"
- Words: Elissa Stolman
Last week, we shared a stream of the brand-new Worn EP from Bristolian producer Artifact (a.k.a. Ryan Bonfield), and today he's returned with a video for one of the record's tracks, "Drain." Director Hans Lo took an abstract CGI route for his piece, constructing what looks like a very angular, precise, and mathematical iTunes visualizer. The song's gummy, dark sounds propel some kind of spaceship as it travels through the abyss, until suddenly the landscape clears and the vehicle seems to be hovering alongside two identical starcrafts over a globe that resembles Earth. Stay tuned for the next installment, as apparently Artifact's video is "To be continued..."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player